Hurtigruten Expeditions offers small-ship expedition cruises that go beyond the usual highlights to remote communities and hidden vistas few get to see.
Come experience authentic and immersive adventures as we explore the most spectacular areas on the planet, going beyond the usual highlights and iconic cities to remote communities and hidden vistas that few get to see.
As the world leader in expedition travel, Hurtigruten Expeditions can take you to over 250 destinations across more than 30 countries, including
- The British Isles
- The Caribbean & Central America
- The Galápagos Islands
- Madeira & the Canary Island
- North America
- The Northwest Passage
- Norway & Russia
- South America
- West Africa & Cape Verde
Our expedition fleet consists of small, agile ships, and hybrid-powered vessels. All are modern ice-class ships suitable for polar sailing. On board, guests will experience an informal, welcoming atmosphere, comfortable cabins, luxurious suites, and stylish interiors made from natural materials.
Since 1893, exploration has been at the heart of the Hurtigruten experience. From our small boats (RIBs) and optional activities, including kayaking, hiking, snorkeling, snowshoeing, and more, to our state-of-the-art onboard Science Center, guests are immersed in amazing landscapes, get up close to rare wildlife, and encounter unique cultures.
Our Expedition Team is comprised of handpicked experts who know our destinations better than anyone. They organize and guide activities both on board and ashore, are accessible to guests, and share their vast knowledge of the areas we explore in their illuminating lectures.
As the largest expedition cruise company in the world, we are committed to ensuring that sustainability is at the core of all our operations. That’s why we built the world’s first ever hybrid electric–powered expedition cruise ships, were the first major travel company to remove single-use plastic from our entire fleet, and enhance the local communities we visit by sourcing our excursions and food locally.
Join Hurtigruten on an expedition cruise of life changing experiences.
- Celebrate Travel: New Destinations Inside
- Charming Towns of Ireland & Britain with CIE Tours
- Now’s the Time to Cross the Pond!
- Unlock the World's Wonders
- Your Dream Vacation Awaits in Punta Cana
- This Cruise Line Kicked Guests off a Cruise. Here's Why it's Good News for You and Cruise Travel
- Travel Companies Offering Free Vacations to Frontline Workers - and How You Can Get Involved
- New Rules for Tourists in these European Destinations
- 3 Travel Planning Tips in a Post-COVID World
- 8 Top Features to Look For in an All-Inclusive Resort