Winter in Europe beckons your curiosity — whether it’s the grandiose architecture of eras past, the cozy quiet of corner cafes, romantic moments along the serene canals or the twinkle of family-friendly holiday markets. Here are Delta Vacations’ Top 5 reasons to go to Europe this winter!
- Fewer crowds
Not only does visiting Europe during the off-season generally mean less expensive airfare and room rates compared to summertime, but you’ll enjoy the sights without having to push through crowds to see them!
2. Christmas markets
Europe is famous for its festive holiday celebrations and traditions. Shop for souvenirs and gifts in the many open air markets or simply enjoy the twinkle of lights and decorations while you sip hot cocoa.
3. Northern Lights
Take in the wonder of Aurora Borealis – the ultimate bucket list item – as the night sky comes alive with bright and beautiful colors.
4. Winter sports and fresh snow
Hit the slopes for world-class skiing in the Alps, go sledding or snowboarding or simply enjoy the sights of a European winter wonderland covered in fresh powder from a steamy hot water spring or hot tub.
5. Warm spots
If the cold isn’t your thing, there are plenty of warm weather spots in Europe that keep up the heat well into the winter months. Check out Spain, Portugal or Italy to soak up the sun.
- Celebrate Travel: New Destinations Inside
- Charming Towns of Ireland & Britain with CIE Tours
- Now’s the Time to Cross the Pond!
- Unlock the World's Wonders
- Your Dream Vacation Awaits in Punta Cana
- This Cruise Line Kicked Guests off a Cruise. Here's Why it's Good News for You and Cruise Travel
- Travel Companies Offering Free Vacations to Frontline Workers - and How You Can Get Involved
- New Rules for Tourists in these European Destinations
- 3 Travel Planning Tips in a Post-COVID World
- 8 Top Features to Look For in an All-Inclusive Resort