Many people have heard about luxury expedition cruises to the Antarctic. But there’s a whole world of expedition cruising out there you may never have heard of.
Cruise/ travel journalist and expert Lynn Elmhirst sat down with ultra-luxury cruise line Seabourn’s director of expedition development Jen Martin to dispel the myth that expedition cruises only go to Antarctica.
WATCH VIDEO ABOVE
Jen is the person to ask. She leads the team creating ultra-luxury cruise line Seabourn’s expedition cruise experiences. They are tasked with finding the best destinations and luxury expedition cruise experiences for Seabourn guests and new-to-Seabourn guests.
The ultra-luxury cruise line’s first expedition ship, the Seabourn Venture, and her upcoming sister ship Seabourn Pursuit, are ‘Polar Class’ PC6 ships with ice-strengthened hulls and modern hardware and technology that qualify them at the highest ‘ice class’ level for passenger ships. While they’re built for smooth sailing through polar exploration, the ships aren’t limited to the Antarctic – or to the polar regions in the North, either.
The ships are equipped with kayaks and enough Zodiacs to transport every guest on expeditions and landings all at once, as well as two custom-built submarines, each with capacity for six and capability of exploring shipwrecks and natural wonders under any of the seven seas in luxurious comfort.
In addition to the ship’s regular navigational and hospitality crew, Seabourn expedition cruises carry a two-dozen strong Expedition Team, made up of wilderness experts, scientists, historians and naturalists. These experts provide guests with in-depth insights into the history, ecology and culture of the places they visit -around the globe.
In this video, Jen shares what other remote natural and cultural destinations Seabourn expeditions are sailing to in coming seasons: destinations that are best accessed – sometimes only accessible – by sea.
Start Your Expedition Cruise!
All rights reserved. You are welcome to share this material from this page, but it may not be copied, re-published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Black Friday’s Back Baby!
- New ships. New islands. New experiences.
- On Vacation You're Allowed to be Lazy
- 10 Best National Parks for Wildlife Spotting in North America
- "Hoppy" News: UNESCO Lists Czech Hops Landscape as World Heritage Site
- This Cruise Line Kicked Guests off a Cruise. Here's Why it's Good News for You and Cruise Travel
- Travel Companies Offering Free Vacations to Frontline Workers - and How You Can Get Involved
- New Rules for Tourists in these European Destinations
- 3 Travel Planning Tips in a Post-COVID World
- 8 Top Features to Look For in an All-Inclusive Resort